Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bridge to Terabithia - Film


This film follows Jesse who is not the most popular boy in school. He lives on a farm with his parents, three sisters and young baby. He has an amazing imagination and a gift for drawing. His life is forever changed when new girl Leslie joins his school class.

They make up an imaginary world called Terabithia where they can escape the school bullies and rule the land themselves. They keep it free from the Dark Lord and his minions.

It was a beautiful film which honestly made me cry in the cinema. It was quite embarassing as it was a kids film and everyone else was either a kid or a parent! It reminded me a little of Pans Labrynth which has a similar theme running through it (a young girl escapes her reality into a fairy tale world), although a lot less violent. The focus was more on the friendship between the two children rather than the fairies. Definately one I will be getting on DVD so I can watch it again and again!

A strong **** out of 5

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

For the record, I took my kids to see this. And I was the one sobbing in the movie!!

I have the book on my Newberry Challenge list and I can't wait to read it!

Rhinoa said...

Yay I am glad it wasn't just me! Let me know if the book is any good.

Margo. said...

Sounds good, I will wait for the dvd.