Thursday, May 31, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

Paper or plastic?

Booking Through Thursday

Do you read e-Books?
If so, how? On your computer, or a PDA?
Or are you a paper purist? Why?

I have to say I have never read an ebook. I find if I stare at a computer screen for too long gives me a headache which makes them a no-no for me. I haven't tried reading on a smaller screen like a PDA or iPod yet. I am not too bad playing games on hand-held consoles like a Nintendo DS or PSP so it might work out.

I am a bit of a paper purist anyway. I like the look, feel and smell of books. The way they feel in my hand, the rustle of the pages as I turn them which works really well with older books. I am also a bit of a hoarder and I like to accumulate books and have shelves full of them! I would be the worst Buddhist ever...

13 comments:

Alice Teh said...

Hi Rhinoa, I definitely can relate to you on this. LOL. I hoard books too and it's so satisfying to see my shelves full of them. I've mentioned in my previous post, I have a habit of opening my bookshelves, take a loving look at my books, randomly pick a few out and flip through 'em. Hehe...

Happy BTT!

Literary Feline said...

I too am a book hoarder. I didn't even think to bring that up in my response. Oh well. :-)

Betty Jane Buckshot said...

My husband and I hoard books as well. We love lining our shelves with books. We sometimes spend our date nights in large big stores - at least we both find joy and fulfillment! Nothing like having a book in your hand!

Daisy Cat said...

I agree, the smell of a book, new or old, is unmissable. Due to moving house soon, most of my books are packed - I am having serious withdrawal!

CoversGirl said...

I can relate to this too; I find it near impossible to part with a book, even one I didn't much like. And I adore book sales; buying ebooks would be far less fun!

Chris said...

I'm a hoarder too.

Conspiracy-Girl said...

I hadn't really thought about it until now, but perhaps I'm a book hoarder, too. My husband and I have at least two filled book shelves in ever room except the bathroom. I came from a family where this was normal so I never gave it much thought. Without all the books, my house would be sort of empty.

Kimmie said...

I'm a hoarder. I'm currently trying to figure out what piece of furniture to get rid of so I can fit in another bookshelf.

Daphne said...

I love looking at my shelves of books. Somehow it just doesn't seem like it would be the same to scroll through your collection of ebooks on the computer.

meowminx said...

I also prefer paper books :) Great BTT answers!

Mine can be found here

Imani said...

I think it's going to take a long time for them to come up with an e-book reader that emulates reading on paper well and doesn't cost as much as my monthly rent.

Stephanie said...

I'm a BIG time book hoader!! But I think I will always be a paper purist. I love the feel of a book in my hands!

Melody said...

I agree with you, Rhinoa! The fun of reading an e-book is not as much as reading a physical book! Happy BTT!