Thursday, May 24, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

Parlez vous?

Booking Through Thursday

Here’s an idea from Julie:
I had an idea for a BTT question when I was taking a peek at one of my bookcases yesterday and spotted my old copy of the Aeneid in Latin sitting there. Maybe this question has already been done—but if not… Do you have any foreign language books and if so can you (still) read them?

To be completely honest, no I don't. Languages are not my strong point by any stretch of the imagination. I used to have one French book (I think it was a children's copy of Heidi) back when I was learning it in school, but I gave it away when I realised my brain just can't cope with that sort of learning. I often wish I was better as I think it's a really useful skill and also it shows respect when you are visiting places and at least have a go. My mum and sister are both really good at picking up new languages and art, but I am good at science instead. The language gene must have missed me out, along with the geography and art genes sadly...

6 comments:

Melody said...

Hi Rhinoa, thanks for sharing! I'd love to learn French and Japanese, if I've the chance one day!!! But alas, I don't really have the time right now...especially when you have a 3 year-old kid. LOL.

Happy BTT!

Marianne Arkins said...

I'm right there with you on this one!

Mine answer is here.

meowminx said...

Hi Rhinoa I liked your answers for BTT :) My mom has a knack of picking up languages as well, even with a couple of Philippine dialects (which are even harder to learn).

My answer can be found here

I love science too :)

Alice Teh said...

I'm really envious of people who are good in science! And now I'm envious of you! LOL. I'm from Science stream but my physics... whoa... appalling. Happy BTT!

Chris said...

Not a lot of the French I learnt in school has stuck with me. I wish it had.

Daisy Cat said...

Yet again we have similar answers, I love this getting to know new people!