Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ask Not Where, But Where Not?

Booking Through Thursday

So, judging by last week’s answers, apparently the question I should have been asking was:

Where DON’T you read??

This is a difficult question! I don't think there are many places I wouldn't read. I am sometimes relucant to read in the bath as I dropped a book once which wasn't pretty... I also don't read in cars (although other modes of transport are usually ok) as it makes me travel sick. It used to be a lot worse, but I am still very careful especially on longer journeys.

To be honest I can't think of anywhere else I wouldn't read. I can often be found curled up in a corner on the floor somewhere impractical with a book balanced on my knees reading. I have an ability to make myself comfortable wherever I am and am not shy about looking a bit out of place or odd squashed into weird places! I get some funny looks, but what do I care? I will never see most of those people again anyway so what does it matter what they think of me?!

9 comments:

Alice Teh said...

I'm trying to imagine a wet book. Not a pretty picture. Wow, it does seem that you'll not give up any chance of reading, anywhere! Happy BTT! :)

Marianne Arkins said...

Your answers could have been mine! I have mine up at my blog if you're interested.

Happy BTT.

CoversGirl said...

I wish I had the option of reading in the bath! All but the shallowest baths are off the menu under the current water restrictions, but I do have fond memories of being able to use that much water at once. (And no, none of them include books!)

Julia said...

I guess car sick too when it in motion. I guess you just about read anywhere *grin*

Happy BTT! Hope you have a great Mother's Day weekend!

Daisy Cat said...

I can't believe our responses are so similar! My first cat was also Daisy - hence the name. A beautiful persian, still missed. Love the blog, will def. be back.

alisonwonderland said...

i had to ban my daughter from bathtub reading after she dropped a library book in the water!

happy BTT!

Melody said...

Hi Rhinoa, same goes to me: I don't read where there's water! Don't want to ruin a good book!!! Happy BTT!

Betty Jane Buckshot said...

lol - I forgot about reading in the bath...I would be so sad to drop a book in the tub!

Literary Feline said...

I am not a bath person and so the risk of me dropping a book in a full bath tub is pretty slim. Like you though, I have been known to find some peculiar places to read. Heck, I'll read standing up while waiting in line!