Tuesday, April 17, 2007


Yay thanks to Twisted Kingdom who have awarded me along with 3 others a book by one of their guest authors (I have picked Colleen Gleason who asked some interesting questions when she did a guest blog there recently. I honestly hadn't heard of her before so it will be nice to read something new) which will be something to look forward to. I never win things so it makes a nice change, especially when the prize is a book :)


I am just over half way through Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman which I started today. I seem to be getting through many more books than usual lately and will read a couple more fantasy/fiction type books before going back to the classics from the Guardian's 100 Greatest Books of All Time. I really should go back to Le Morte D'Arthur which I keep picking up and then putting down again...


Thanks again to the guys at Twisted Kingdom and for putting up my review of Night Watch!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

How cool!! I won a copy of Colleen Gleason's book off her website. She was giving away 15 copies. And I also won a book from the Twisted Kingdom. I think I'm going with Margaret Weis.

As far as the books from Publishers, I'm just getting into that game. If you go to Harpercollins.com, they have a program you can sign up for called First Look. Every month, they offer about 8 - 15 books. You can "put your name in a hat" so to speak. If they pick you, they send you a book. For the first 3 months I didn't get a thing and I signed up for LOTS of books. After that, I steadily have been getting 1 - 3 books a month to review. I know other companies do the same thing. I'm still trying to get in with them!!

Marg said...

I ended up choosing Colleen Gleason as well for my book!

Rhinoa said...

Cool cheers Stephanie I will look into that. Let me know how you get on with your two prize winning books.

Marg yay we picked the same author. I hadn't heard of her before so looking forward to seeing what her writing is like. She seemed really friendly which is always a good sign.

Marg said...

I've read her first book, and I am looking forward to the second one.

I think that she is really good at raising the profile of her books!