Saturday, April 07, 2007

It's hard to pin it down to thirteen but here goes:

1) The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
Doesn't really need a reason, just fantastic

2) The Black Jewels Trilogy - Anne Bishop
I couldn't put this down, even though I was on my honeymoon!

3) Memnock the Devil - Anne Rice
My favourite of her fantastic Vampire novels

4) His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
One of the best fantasy series of books ever despite it being a new series

5) Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
I just read this and the writing style is truely amazing

6) The Promethea Graphic Novels - Alan Moore
Beautiful and mystical

7) The Second Circle - Venecia Rauls
A lovely book on how to advance and grow within Paganism

8) Omnibus - Nick Hornby
One of my favourite authors and my copy includes High Fidelity, Fever Pitch and About a Boy

9) The Warlord Chronicles - Bernard Cornwall
One of the best fictional series on King Arthur and his knights

10) Faraway Tree Stories - Enid Blyton
I loved these books when I first read them and again when I red them 4 years ago as an adult

11) The Sevenwaters Trilogy - Juliet Marillier
Beautiful books filled with wonder and magic

12) Prozac Nation - Elizabeth Wurtzel
This had a big impact on me when I first read it and I really should read it again

13) The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time - Mark Haddon
A wonderful book I recomend to all

To add your own and see more ideas go here and add your list.

1 comments:

Kailana said...

Thanks for joining in! That's great that you liked The Black Jewels so much you couldn't put it down on your honeymoon. I am sure that book will always have positive memories for you.